Where To Next For The EU’s Policy Makers?
The EU has played a vital leadership role in aviation in Europe and the North Atlantic and, increasingly, globally. In recent years the face of the airline industry has changed rapidly, with new entrants, new airline types and new aircraft all contributing to a very different environment compared with 20 years ago. The panel will review the extent and relevance of these developments and discuss where the industry – and its regulation – might be heading.
• The evolution of European Union Comprehensive Air Transport Agreements and Europe’s parallel/multilateral agreements;
• EU-Middle East relations: open markets or limited flights?;
• An update on the EU-Qatar agreement;
• EU-China agreement – how much will it impact global connectivity and regionalisation?;
• Ambitions, challenges and milestones;
• Ownership and control limitations – encouraging investment into airlines and infrastructure;
• Economic benefits (passenger and cargo) of liberalisation and deregulation;
• The impact of BREXIT.