Consolidation And Change In The Aviation Sector: Will Economic Forces And Pressures Drive Changes In Aviation Policy?
The airline industry has undergone significant changes in the past years, with the exit of several “household names” from the market, and other carriers struggling for survival. These changes have dramatically affected consumers, and have altered the alliance ecosystem. This panel will consider:
• The role of the regulator in responding to carrier failures;
• Whether ownership and control rules are limiting or distorting the restructuring of the industry;
• The impact of national insolvency and competition rules on the restructuring process;
• Will see the emergence of truly multinational carriers?;
• Changes in carrier cooperation in a shifting competitive landscape.