The Low Cost Long Haul Air Finance Outlook
LCCs, as the newer players in the industry, are competing to meet future growth needs. Long haul low cost is an emerging market and with this comes the need for new and improved aircraft.
- Finding the funding – debt and equity – to support LCC expansion. Is the money there?
- What special features need to be considered in funding new and established LCCs?
- Which funding models are most attractive to LCCS?
- What roles have the OEMs played in LCC expansion?
- Are markets large enough to support all the new orders?
- What is the risk profile of an independent LCC vs a subsidiary?
- Should airlines lease or purchase outright from the OEM?
- Should LCCs with large order books establish their own leasing companies?
- What skills are necessary for an LCC to be successful in this very different venture – while maintaining the airline operation?