The Japanese LCC Market
Japan will soon have five LCCs that have been launched since 2012. Can they all find a niche? Many are part of dual-brand strategies with a parent airline. What is the role, opportunity and challenge of the group? They are increasingly growing faster in the international market. Are foreign passengers more receptive to LCCs? How long until the domestic Japanese market embraces LCCs? What is the impact of the LCCs on the full-service airlines and Japan’s “new entrant” airlines?
Moderator: Tokyo Institute of Technology, Associate Professor, Shinya Hanaoka
- Amadeus IT Group, VP, Japan, Airline Group, Asia Pacific, Cyril Tetaz
- Jetstar Japan, Chairman and Representative Director, Masaru Kataoka
- Peach Aviation, COO, Takeaki Mori
- Spring Airlines Japan, Chairman, Wang Wei
- Vanilla Air, Deputy Director, Mio Yamamuro