What Do LCCs Want From Airports?
Airports can be either drivers or brakes of LCC growth, depending upon the costs and facilities offered. What more needs to be done – and how can airlines and airports work together to maximise opportunities, especially if ownership/government changes? For example, some LCCs are worried about Kansai following recent commercial ownership change. Can the divergent needs of LCCs and FSCs both be met by airports?
Moderator: CAPA – Centre for Aviation, Managing Director, Stephen Pearse
- Hong Kong Express, Director, Strategy & Regulatory Affairs, Philip Herbert
- Jeju Air, CEO, Ken Choi
- Kansai Airports, Co-CEO, Emmanuel Menanteau
- Narita International Airport Corporation, Executive VP, Futoshi Osada
- Peach Aviation, Executive VP Operations, José Oller
- University of British Columbia & MIT-China NSCIIC Institute, Professor Tae Hoon Oum