LCC Retail: Maximising Ancillary Revenues Via Onboard Retailing
LCCs are constantly looking at finessing their retailing and merchandising strategies – whether it’s during the booking phase, pre flight or onboard, with relevant, timely offers that are easily accessible (preferably via mobile) and easy to pay for. This is especially important in today’s digitalised environment, where onboard connectivity is virtually a must have and almost as critical for the traveller as getting to the destination. How can airlines make full use of their connected and captive audience – and generate healthy ancillary revenues in the process?
- How will the ancillary strategies of the region’s LCC continue to evolve?
- How is technology enabling the growth of the airline as retailer?
- Beyond a la carte pricing, baggage and meals, what are some more creative ways of achieving ancillary revenue?
- Have North Asian LCCs in this region adapted their ancillary revenue models to reflect cultural expectations? On the flipside, what are they doing to attract international inbound passengers?
Moderator: Korea Aerospace University, Professor, Moon Gil Yoon
- Bluebox Aviation Systems, CEO, Kevin Clark
- Inmarsat, VP Aviation, MEASA & APAC, Ben Griffin
- TravelSky, Director Marketing & Sales of Quick PRS of International Department, Lars Gäbler