Distribution And Digital Transformation: The Impact Of NDC On The LCC Market
New distribution models and IATA NDC specifically have been the topic of conversation for a number of years now, but have largely been seen as the domain of the Full Service airlines. However, the standard is not limited to this airline model or to IATA members, so why should Low Cost Carriers care about these developments in the industry?
This panel will explore how these development present both opportunities and threats for LCCs as they compete with each other and FSCs and how they present unique opportunities for new forms of industry cooperation.
- Is this increasingly fragmented and complex commercial and technological distribution landscape sustainable? How will business models evolve in response? Is there a need for a direct connect aggregator?
- Should airlines build lots of direct connects or revert back to lean, centralised distribution channels?
- Who is going to be offering services to bridge the gap between airlines/aggregators that are NDC compliant and those that aren’t? Will it be the GDS and IT providers, other airlines or speciality providers?
- How are newer intermediaries adding value to airline distribution?
- How do airlines enhance their digital shopfront? Are airlines over-emphasising the importance of airline.com over mobile messaging platforms and bot technologies?