How Can Airports Diversify Their Income Streams As New Technology Comes Online?
Whether it is car parking, land rents, terminal concessions or advertising, non aeronautical revenue sources comprise a significant portion of global airport revenues, with ACI putting this figure at USD60.4bn, or 40% of total revenues. But will technology and new entrants change the revenue mix? And how can airports work smarter to maximise their profit margins?
- Is technology a threat to revenues or an enabler?
- Balancing the burgeoning demands of the TNCs with the desirable car parking revenues (one at the expense of the other)
- How are airports innovating in advertising, commercial development and other non-aero means to compete effectively and to finance aeronautical operational needs
Moderator: Market Square Consult, Managing Director, Johan Schölvinck
- Airport International Group, CEO, Kjeld Binger
- Bahrain Airport Company, CEO, Mohamed Al Binfalah
- GMR Airports, CEO, P S Nair