Unshackling The Biggest Challenge To Growth: Airport Capacity
There are numerous airports that have capacity issues. Slots are key to the issue, but more slots can be created through ACDM, rapid exit taxiways, more effective use of stand planning and optimisation, time based separation, terminal throughput and turn times, slot management practices, incentivising upgauging, and many other measures. Sometimes the issue is not runway capacity at all, but the constraints are political or related to terminal or aircraft parking infrastructure.
- What can the congested gateways do to increase capacity and ‘squeeze more juice out of the asset’?
- What lessons can be learned from the Gulf and other regions?
- Do airlines need to take the initiative on airport infrastructure? Should airlines build their own airports?
Moderator: Nyras Capital, Partner, David Huttner
- Airport Coordination Limited, Managing Director, Christopher Bosworth
- Amadeus, Head of Global Business Development, & Solution Design, Airport IT, Iyad Hindiyeh
- European Commission, Deputy DG MOVE, Matthew Baldwin
- GMR Megawide Cebu Airport Corporation, Chief Executive Advisor, Andrew Harrison
- Royal Schiphol Group, Director Corporate Development, Peter van Grinsven