Financing Airport Projects: Will They Always Be Good Investments?
The ‘privatisation’ of airports has been established as an activity for 30 years this year. Bearing in mind that some countries (even developed ones like the USA and Canada) are still uncertain about it, has it proven to be a good thing? Is the way the industry is regulated at odds with the needs of investors and if so how can a successful marriage be ensured? The PPP (3P) transaction is increasingly popular: is it the future, globally? In an age of continuing consolidation and hybridisation of modes, both short and long haul, what is the justification today for investing in low cost terminals, let alone entire airports?
Moderator: Macquarie Bank, Division Director, Head of Cross Divisional Projects, Corporate & Asset Finance, Peter Farthing
- CCR USA, President & CEO, Amit Rikhy
- Egis, Director Middle East & South Asia, Jacques Khoriaty
- HRL Morrison & Co, Head of Asset Management, Steven Fitzgerald
- Oman Airports Management Company, CEO, Sheikh Aimen Sultan Al-Hosni
- TAV Group, Board Member, President & CEO, Dr. Sani Şener