Designing And Operating An Airport City, Or Aerotropolis: Case Study On Developing Airport Activity
The discussion will address the evolution and development of the airport city and the ‘aerotropolis’ examining the various success factors:
- What role do the public and private sectors typically play?
- Where do they go from here?
- Can any airport develop one; or
- Are they restricted to an elite ‘Premier League’ where metropolitan size, scope and location are the deciding factors?
- Does the presence of an airport city become the main driver of passenger and freight growth?
- If so, should the airport city dominate the airport management’s strategic thinking?
- Are there negative socio-economic impacts, such as the loss of green belt land displacement and exclusion of communities and creation of economic enclaves?
Moderator: Site Selection Magazine, Editor in Chief, Mark Arend
- Airbiz, Managing Director, Greg Fordham
- Aviapolis Helsinki, Project Manager, Mari Peltomäki
- GMR Group, CEO, Corporate Airports Sector, PS Nair
- Imam Khomeini Airport City Company, Director International Cooperation, Ahmadreza Bayati
- Oman Airports Management Company, Senior Manager Strategic Planning, Nagy Abu Zeid
- Osmond Lange Architects, Managing Director, Jonathan Manning
- WiedemannConsultants, Managing Director, Dr Mirjam Wiedemann