Pushing The boundaries – How Can Airlines Grow Their Share Of The Travel Pie?
Millennials have come of age in an era where digitalisation and the widespread availability of cheaper flights have made travel more attractive and accessible. Inquisitive and constantly connected, millennials are embracing the internet and mobile technologies during their travels and have been at the forefront of driving changes in the way travel is distributed and consumed. We profile the travel preferences of this crucial traveller segment, who continue to drive much of the demand for LCC seats especially.
- What are the travel patterns of the millennial traveller? How are airlines engaging with this particular customer segment?
- How are intermediaries, tech companies and airports evolving their products in response to the unique expectations of millennials for holistic and personalised travel services?
- How do millennial traveller needs differ from travellers of previous generations?
- What do airlines need to do to evolve into proper travel retailers? What can they learn from other travel suppliers who excel in this arena?
- How will travel retail evolve after basic merchandising?
- What other/newer distribution technologies are required to enable further airline growth?
- Which airlines are ahead or behind the digital innovation curve?
Moderator: CAPA – Centre for Aviation, Advisor, John Thomas
- Expedia Group, VP Transport Partner Services, Julie Kyse
- Farelogix, CEO & President, Jim Davidson
- Viva Aerobus, CEO, Juan Carlos Zuazua