The International Market Outlook
Oil prices, fluctuating economic conditions, rising protectionism, the challenge from the Gulf hubs and carriers, alliances, labour, low cost carriers – the strategic mix for airline and airport CEOs is never dull.
• What are the challenges that are really keeping the CEOs awake at night?
• Surcharges and the changing distribution landscape – what are the CEOs’ views?
• Partnerships, M & As, JV considerations
• New entrant competition from LCCs, new age airlines and hybrid carriers
• Markets are liberalising and states are not regulating the market as much as they were, however equity and commercial airline partnerships are imposing a new form of regulation/barrier to entry, such as the fear of missing out and being isolated, which begins to turn off/divert revenue
• What about civil unrest and other external shocks that can impact demand?
Moderator: CAPA – Centre for Aviation, Executive Chairman, Peter Harbison
• Malaysia Airlines, CEO, Christoph Mueller
• Royal Brunei Airlines, Deputy Chairman, Dermot Mannion
• South African Airways, Chief Strategy Officer, Barry Parsons