Tapping Asia’s Growth: How To Make Friends And Influence People When You’re Based Outside Asia
What’s different about Asia? Up until now, growth for any airline into new markets depended on the so-called ‘network effect’. Big airlines need feed, little airlines need feed. Where does it come from in a market where you don’t have any natural friends? Where does the new kid in town go to have fun? In this session, we explore alternative ways of growing the market through the use of technology and innovative commercial models that benefit long-haul spokes and short-haul hubs.
• How are airlines refocusing their networks through partnerships?
• Will this blow the Prorate model out on its ear? Will all stakeholders benefit, including the price conscious customer?
• What new airline and partnership models could emerge to unlock growth in the Asian market?
Moderator: CAPA – Centre for Aviation, Executive Chairman, Peter Harbison
• Finnair, VP Commercial Strategy & Planning, Hubertus Hessel
• Jetstar Asia, CEO, Barathan Pasupathi
• Royal Jordanian, CCO, Richard Nuttall
• Travelport, Vice President Asia Pacific, Air Commerce, Damian Hickey