For Love AND Money: Points, Personalisation And Ancillary Services – What They Mean To Managed Travel Programmes
Some call it loyalty and customer-centricity, whilst the industry buzz word is “Personalisation”. However, others fear it will drive up the cost and complexity of corporate travel programmes. The lure of frequent flyer points on the one hand, and travellers tempted to buy previously unmanaged or unauthorised products and services on the other: Is this a travel manager’s worst nightmare, or do some golden opportunities await?
In this panel session, we explore the objectives of suppliers and the concern of corporate travel buyers, and seek the views of those able to manage the impact of the plethora of personalisation and marketing/sales/loyalty messages with which the corporate traveller is increasingly bombarded.
• The acceleration of the airlines to merchandise to the traveller (to your travellers) – how is that developing, what should we be excited about or concerned about?
• How are LCCs and dynamic pricing of all airlines affecting traditional approaches for Corporates to contract with airlines? How are airline dealing models evolving, and how might buyers modify their corporate negotiation strategy? How will this impact intercontinental air travel / dealing?
• What’s the impact of loyalty programmes on corporate travel spend?
• What percentage of total air spend is now on ancillaries?
Moderator: MW Travel Consultancy, Principal, Martin Warner
• Accor, SVP Loyalty, Javier Cedillo-Espin
• Affinity Capital Exchange Inc, Founder & CEO, Atanas Christov
• ATPI, Managing Director Singapore, Matthew Stewart
• FCm Travel Solutions, General Manager, Bertrand Saillet
• iFLYflat, Founder & Chief Executive, Steve Hui